This Lunar New Year, ring in the Year of the Monkey with a brand-new floral display inspired by the Chinese classical tale Journey to the West. Stroll through a stunning landscape of dahlias, begonias and other exquisite blooms against the backdrop of a 7-metre-tall mountain."Dahlia Dreams" brings to mind the mythical "Flowers and Fruit Mountain" (where the legendary Monkey King was said to be born, as well as "Water Curtain Cave" that was described in the novel. Look out for monkey-shaped topiaries as you stroll through a cavern with unexpected surprises in this first floral display of 2016 that is infused with elements of Chinese arts and culture.
Garden Trail & "Ask Me!" Guided Tours
Curious to find out more? Pick up a Garden Trail map for more interesting information about the colourful blooms of dahlias and begonias. Or join us for daily “ASK Me” tours by our friendly Display Interpreters as they share fascinating botanical facts and anecdotes about the floral display.Location: Flower Dome
“ASK Me!” Guided Tour Dates & Time:
Daily for the duration of the floral display at 11 am, 3pm and 13 & 14 Feb (Sat & Sun) from 1 - 6pmDetails:
- Admission charge to the Flower Dome applies.
- Trail map is free and available (while stocks last) with every conservatories ticket purchased.
- Tours last approximately 15 minutes and are available free on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To participate, gather at the “ASK Me!” poster near the Flower Field. Tours will begin when a group of five or more visitors is assembled.
- Tours will not be conducted on Flower Dome closure dates.