(Singapore, 12th December 2017) – SATS Premier Lounge, Terminal 2 at Singapore Changi International has been awarded the Priority Pass Asia Pacific Airport Lounge of the Year Award.
Now in its thirteenth year, the awards are based on 72,000 ratings by Priority Pass members and recognize airport lounges offering the best service, experience, refreshments and business facilities. Priority Pass is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year and operates the world’s largest lounge access programme, with over 1,000 airport lounges in 500 cities. SATS Premier Lounge is known for immersing its guests in Singaporean culture with displays of real orchids, Peranakan porcelain and artwork depicting local scenes. The lounge hosts regular cultural events, for example serving mooncakes during the Mid-Autumn festival, to ensure that visitors are treated to a unique experience every time they enter the lounge. Its signature Laksa meal is also a favourite amongst travelers.Nazri Othman, Senior Vice President, Passenger Services at SATS says: “SATS has been serving international passengers for 70 years and we consistently aim to anticipate their needs and exceed their expectations. Creating the right ambience, with comfortable seats, elegant design and private space is key but extends beyond the physical environment, as our hosts deliver attentive, engaging service which enhances the overall experience. We are proud that our service and passion to delight has been recognised with this award.”
The Plaza Premium Lounge at Siem Reap Angkor International Airport has also been ‘Highly Commended’ in the Best Attitude and Service from Lounge Staff category. Staff at the lounge are well known for their commitment to service excellence and teamwork, incorporating local culture such as the Khmer welcome (where palms are pressed together with a slight bow) to greet guests when they enter the lounge.This year’s global winners are:
• Asia Pacific: SATS Premier Lounge T2 at Singapore Changi International
• Global: Club Kingston at Kingston Norman Manley International
• Europe: Tallinn Airport Business Lounge at Tallinn Lennart Meri
• Africa & Middle East: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
• North America: Salon VIP Lounge, Québec Jean Lesage InternationalKevin Goldmintz, Executive Vice President at Collinson Group Asia Pacific, parent company of Priority Pass, adds: “We’re seeing major investment in new and existing airports across Asia-Pacific, with high quality, distinctive lounges launching across the region. These awards are a strong endorsement for SATS Premier Lounge and The Plaza Premium Lounge. During 2017, we added over 70 new lounges to our network in Asia-Pacific, giving members access to the most locations of any provider. The continued focus on premium lounges and travel experiences from airports, airlines, financial institutions and other organizations greatly benefits business and leisure customers. Travelers now have a wider choice of venues and products offering exceptional service, refreshments and unique facilities to meet their needs.”
Priority Pass received over 72,000 ratings from its members in this year’s awards via the lounge rating function on the Priority Pass website and app. Members provide ratings on a wide set of criteria including overall lounge quality, refreshments, staff, business facilities and ambiance.